London is facing unprecedented cuts to its emergency services. This is due to the irresponsible actions of Tory Mayor Boris Johnson and the Tory-led Government. Reckless cuts to frontline policing, the fire brigade, the ambulance service and hospital A&Es threaten Londoners safety and security.
- The Metropolitan Police’s budget has been cut by 20% or £540million, by 2014
- Since March 2010 the Metropolitan Police has lost 1,956 police officers and 1,800 PCOs
- 65 London Police Stations and front counters are under threat of closure
- Violence crime such as GBH, robbery, burglary and rape are increasing
- The Fire Brigade is facing cuts of £64.8million over the next two years – a quarter of its budget
- Up to 30 fire stations, 30 fire engines and 840 firefighters are at risk of being axed
- 31 London Fire Stations are listed as being at risk of closure
- The London Ambulance Service has received cuts of 19% or £53million
- 560 frontline ambulance staff are at risk of losing their jobs
- Seven A&E departments across London face closure by 2020
- A&E waiting times are at their highest levels since 2004/5
Enough is enough.
Communities across London are coming together to send a strong message to the Tory Mayor and his friends in government. Support the London Labour Party 999 SOS campaign to defend our emergency services today!